On the road again...

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: On the road again...

Postby cam_132 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:22 pm

i cant unless someone comes and picks me up, parents are going to be out, and no time to get insurance, also no sense in getting it at 4:30... it would be better to get it at like 9am on Saturday.
Ruus wrote:
once an mr2 owner, always an mr2 owner. Its the love of the car that brings us together, not the owning of one.
cam_132
Papa '2

Postby PearlWhiteMR2 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Well after doing a quick fix on the throttle cable (used a bike cable to replace it, worked remarkably well, throttle feels nice and tight now!) and strapping up the turbo because the stay for it is missing and the weight on it was loosening the nuts, took it for a really good hard drive on Tuesday night and it was amazing.

This car has never run so perfectly (knock on wood..). It boosted smoothly and quickly, full of power, idled precisely without dipping, no overheating, nothing. Not a single problem. I have to say that for a 3S with this kind of mileage on it... I was even impressed. Goes to show that any motor with a little time, money, and patience can last for a long, long time. Maybe you can save a lot by just swapping in a new motor, but personally I take some pride in keeping the one I have going and not scrapping it. I have a history with it now, I know how it feels and how to take it apart and put it back together, I know which bolts caused me a problem and which parts are going to need attention.

And when it was all back together and driving the way it was the other night (let's say it was more than comparable to anybody else's turbo with much less mileage, and I didn't even take it past 5000rpm)... I felt this sense of pride for it. It was amazing, exhilarating, exciting.. I love this car, even though others might say it's worthless. Let me take you for a ride and then make up your mind.

Pearl...

:yourock: !!!

-Sarah
1985 MR2 - R.I.P
1991 MR2 Turbo
2013 Scion FR-S
Apprentice Tech at Valley Toyota
PearlWhiteMR2
Grandfather '2

Postby RePete » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:41 pm

PearlWhiteMR2 wrote:...Goes to show that any TOYOTA motor with a little time, money, and patience can last for a long, long time.

Corrected!
PearlWhiteMR2 wrote:I love this car, even though others might say it's worthless...

I don't know who those 'others' are but they don't have much experience with these cars.

Congrats on getting her back up for BC2010, you deserve it after all the heartache you've gone through with her in the last 3 months..
RePete
Grandfather '2

Previous

Return to General Discussion